From September 2013, all schools have been provided with funding to support the Olympic legacy and to enable the delivery of effective sports provision. Pebworth First School recognises the contribution of PE and Sports to the health and well-being of our children. It is our belief that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and inviting extra- curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
The continued allocation of the Primary Sports Funding enables us to develop and extend our provision for high quality PE and Sports experiences for the children in our school; through a variety of means.
In order to ensure the PE & Sports Grant money is well spent and supports both current and future pupils the Governors, Headteacher and PE co-ordinator have carefully evaluated current provision, sought pupil’s views and plan to spend the allocation in a targeted and sustainable way.
In the 2020/2021 academic year we intend to spend our Sports Premium on:
- Salary for sports coordinator, working closely between Pebworth and Blackminster Schools to drive sports strategy
- Jump Rope and Bell boating experience days
- Cycling – 15 Balance Bikes and staff training for EYFS/KS1 and Bikeability Cycling Proficiency for KS2
- Updating and replenishing PE equipment, including individual packs for pupils in the event of future school closures to support activity levels at home
- GymRun PE days
- External agencies providing extra-curricular clubs
- Active classroom equipment
- Inspired Playground markings and membership to online platform to promote activity at breaktimes
- Contributing to the running of the federation minibus to transport pupils to competitions and events