From September 2013, all schools have been provided with funding to support the Olympic legacy and to enable the delivery of effective sports provision. Pebworth First School recognises the contribution of PE and Sports to the health and well-being of our children. It is our belief that an innovative, varied PE curriculum and inviting extra- curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
The continued allocation of the Primary Sports Funding enables us to develop and extend our provision for high quality PE and Sports experiences for the children in our school; through a variety of means.
In order to ensure the PE & Sports Grant money is well spent and supports both current and future pupils the Governors, Headteacher and PE co-ordinator have carefully evaluated current provision, sought pupil’s views and plan to spend the allocation in a targeted and sustainable way.
In the 2021/2022 academic year we intend to spend our Sports Premium on:
- Salary for sports coordinator, working closely between Pebworth and Blackminster Schools to drive sports strategy
- Cycling – 15 Balance Bikes and staff training for EYFS/KS1 and Bikeability Cycling Proficiency for KS2
- Updating and replenishing PE equipment, including individual packs for pupils in the event of future school closures to support activity levels at home
- GymRun PE days
- External agencies providing extra-curricular clubs
- Active classroom equipment
- Moki Activity trackers to ensure our pupils are getting 30 minutes of physical activity during the school day
- A new PE curriculum suited to our mixed age classes