What is the PE Sports Grant?
The government is currently providing additional monies by the way of sports premium, to each primary school every academic year to provide new, substantial sport funding. This funding is provided directly to the primary school to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.How to use the PE and Sports Premium Grant?
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that the premium should be used to:
· develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
· build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
· the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
· the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
· increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
· broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
· increased participation in competitive sport. (taken from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools, March 2018)BMS Specialist Staff
We are very proud of our federation with Blackminster Middle School and believe that PFS children should benefit from specialist PE Teachers. Pupils are provided with 2 hours of high quality, inclusive PE per week. In addition, we support all staff with their continued professional development to ensure pupils are given the best support and guidance to achieve their full potential and make PE and Sport an enjoyable experience for all.KS2 Swimming at Broom Swim School
After reflecting on the success of previous years, it was decided that this swimming program would continue as long as is necessary to ensure our pupils meet national standards before leaving our school. The intention is that all KS2 Leavers will be able to demonstrate a range of effective strokes, swim atleast 25m confidently and are able to perform a safe self rescue before they begin the next stage of their education.Raising the Profile of PE across the School
Following the introduction of the PFS PE T-shirt last year, pupils and staff felt a sense of belonging and were keen to raise the profile of the school in the local area. This year, waterproof jackets were purchased to ensure that all pupils had suitable outwear for outdoor activities including sports events and forest school and that staff were easily recognisable. These jackets were printed with ‘Blackminster and Pebworth Federation PE’ across the back to further raise the schools profile. Many pupils have
For further details please see the Sports Premium Grant Report 2018/19