What is the PE Sports Grant?
The government is currently providing additional monies by the way of sports premium, to each primary school every academic year to provide new, substantial sport funding. This funding is provided directly to the primary school to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil.How to use the PE and Sports Premium Grant?
Schools must use the funding to make additional
improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that the premium should be used to:
· develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
· build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
· the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
· the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
· increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
· broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
· increased participation in competitive sport.
(taken from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools, March 2018)
For further details please see the Sports Premium Grant Report 2019 - 2020